allow them to
discover how a
change from pain to
The set up. Charles has taken Penelope to his cabin and is teaching her to be submissive to his wants and desires. Penn seems to be adjusting fine. But, not ever thing is as it seems. Oh, look a friend of Charles' has drop by....
There was a strange voice outside. Grabbing the shirt she moved to the door, but remained in the shadows not knowing what to expect. The man looked about thirty-five and needed a bath she could smell him from where he stood.
Charles yelled. “Pen make enough meal for three we got us a dinner guest.”
Their guest must have read her mind, and visited the river, for he smelled a whole lot better an hour later when he came in with Charles.
“This here is John Weston, my best friend, Pen. He just got back from hunting with the Cheyenne. His mom's full-blooded you know.
Turning to John he said, “This is Pen, I'd let you talk with her a spell, but she in her Quiet Time and is not allowed to speak. You know how it is."
After that was said he looked at her to make sure she understood. She did and it scared her, he hadn't forced quiet time for weeks on her. And if John knew how is was, then he knew how it really was, and would be no help to her.
Wisely, she did up only two plates, one for each of them....
And like any decent pioneer woman, Penn could make biscuits to die for. The kind that would “Melt in your Mouth Biscuits” I snuck her recipe out of her recipe file box to share with you.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening with fork (or pastry blender) until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour milk into flour mixture while stirring with a fork. Mix in milk until dough is soft, moist and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and toss with flour until no longer sticky. Roll dough out into a 1/2 inch thick sheet and cut with a floured biscuit cutter. Press together unused dough repeating rolling and cutting biscuits.
- Place biscuits on ungreased baking sheets and bake in preheated hot oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Back to our story:
Then sat and waited on the green chair. After the men admired the fancy new firearm John had, Charles laid it down on the bed and snapped his fingers and pointed. He made her kneel by him to show his control over her.
Pen at once silently did his bidding, and when settled she sweetly smiled at him. Two can play at this.
He was so proud of her, he chest was ready to bust open. The men talked about the Indian problems, the weather, and obedient woman and how important it was that a woman knew who her master was.
She cleared the table when told, took the dishes outside to the pump and washed them. While there she freshened herself up as well.
"You let this one out of your sight?"
Chuckling, "sure do, she's different she'll do anything I tell her to, no questions asked."
"She ain't bad looking. Plain, but not ugly like well you know. If you tell her to spend the night with me bet she'd balk at that."
Charles rubbed his chin deep in thought.
Well, will Charles accept or reject his friends challenge? The answer can be found in “Mine Alone.” Now on at: